UPDATE: This position is no longer available. Thank you!
Edge Multimedia is seeking an Assistant Media Buyer/Planner to join our team. This position provides a fantastic opportunity to work for a rapidly-growing and innovative full-service advertising and marketing firm. This position provides growth opportunity within the company.
The right candidate is a professional team player who will partner with our internal production, client services and media buying teams to super-serve clients with well-thought-out media buying strategy, execution and fulfillment.
The Assistant Media Buyer/Planner will focus on providing support to achieve clients’ goals with strategic media plan development and research, campaign monitoring, stewardship and issue resolution. This position requires accuracy, flexibility and excellent follow up skills as well as the ability to multi-task, being comfortable with balancing multiple projects and deadlines at once.
Four year college degree desired, marketing/advertising or communications related preferred. Work experience equivalent considered. Minimum one year of industry related experience required. Knowledge of media buying software Strata a plus.
- Assist with the development, management and monitoring of effective media plans
- Conduct market research, gathering information and rates from vendors for developing media plans – providing strategic recommendations to reach desired target audience
- Manage pre-logs, post-logs, make-goods, tear sheets and screen shots
- Actively work in media buying software to enter data, pull reports, perform revisions, reconcile invoices, post media buys and issue/update insertion orders
- Create media buy recaps outlining successes and supporting metrics to substantiate client investment
- Assist with the analysis of active media campaign performance and recommend necessary optimizations
- Assist with budgeting, execution, reporting and formatting data for client review
- Coordinate client traffic, asset management and production schedules
- Handle communication with media representatives and vendors, coordinating RFP development and responding to inquiries
- Organize and monitor incoming vendor proposals and provide prep work for review and analysis
- Maintain professional business knowledge, staying on top of changes in the industry
- Other duties as required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Sustain trust among clients and colleagues
- Be a good negotiator
- Demonstrate a high level of comfort with current technology and social media
- Show good judgment and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate strong math skills, data/numbers analysis and comparison skills
- Be a supportive team player
- Be an excellent communicator in all forms of communication
- Be an excellent listener
- Be comfortable speaking to clients and vendors with confidence
- Have a high degree of professionalism in appearance, attitude and conduct
- Be a pleasure to work with
- Be interested in and enjoy working in the media industry
- Legible handwriting and proficient typing skills
- An eye for detail and correctness
- Self-motivation with drive and a sense of urgency
- Passion for quality client service
- Be able to work hard but keep it fun
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Operating System and Social Media. Knowledge of advertising mediums, lingo and marketing techniques. Knowledge of Sales Force and Strata is a plus, as well are copywriting skills.
We offer a fun, dynamic, engaging and creative work environment that is family-friendly. We are passionate about our local community and are very well respected in our industry.
Hours are full-time, 8am-5pm M-F with some flexibility and occasional hours on weekends/evenings depending on client needs. This is a work-from-home position, but living in the metro Portland/Vancouver area is a must. Must have a reliable car and an appropriate space with reliable internet connection for a home-based office.
SALARY and BENEFIT PACKAGE
Annual value of compensation and benefits package: $41,200
$31,200 annual salary (90-day probationary period) plus a generous benefit/perk package valued at a minimum of $10,000 per year:
- 100% company paid medical, Rx, dental and life insurance for employees. Optional employee paid vision and family benefits offered. Eligible after probationary period.
- Phone allowance.
- Two weeks’ vacation per year, pro-rated from start date; eight (8) paid holidays, five (5) paid sick days per year, plus paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s while office is closed for the holidays – an average of an additional 5 paid days off per year. Extra week of paid time off after five years of employment.
- 4% Matching 401K
- Working from home and a wild variety of fun agency perks – PRICELESS!
Please include your resume, links to any relevant works, as well as a cover letter and 3 references. Send materials to us at email@example.com.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.