Edge Multimedia is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist. This position provides a fantastic opportunity to be part of an innovative team at an established, full-service marketing and advertising firm located in Portland, Oregon.
The right candidate for this role is a self-motivated, organized, professional and supportive team player with a partnership mentality and a producer mindset who will work diligently to super-serve clients – and is ready to hit the ground running!
About the Role
As a Digital Marketing Specialist at Edge, you will manage the day-to-day operations of Edge client’s digital advertising platforms.
You’ll be cultivating new ideas for campaigns, performing campaign setups and strategies, digging into data for actionable insights, developing and delivering digital performance reports and helping shape and influence our digital marketing capabilities. From there, you’ll be responsible for clearly communicating to your Edge teammates, answering client questions in a fast-paced, remote work environment.
About the Projects
In a given week, you’ll find our team setting up advanced tracking, programming, maintaining websites, updating digital creatives, creating media plans, crafting copy and shooting video. As a Digital Marketing Specialist, these are the types of projects you’ll be involved in facilitating:
- Managing digital campaigns in Google Ads and Display & Video 360
- Analyzing data and developing ROI based reporting in Google Data Studio
About Edge Multimedia
Edge was established in 2001 and has been recognized as one of the top advertising agencies in the area. Our clients love us - and we love them too. We partner with marketing teams in a variety of industries including Credit Unions, Home Builders, Home Improvement and Non-Profits. We work with clients all over the United States.
We develop full spectrum, advanced digital marketing campaigns. We are experts in our field and are always in a state of discovery and innovation. Continued learning is a constant on our team. We’ve spoken at conferences, events, and webinars to help educate marketing leaders on the world of digital. We ensure that a strong website and great video content provide support for these digital initiatives.
We have a small team of seasoned experts and offer a fun, dynamic, engaging and creative work environment. Our values focus on people, performance and partnership.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Conduct digital marketing campaigns - from concept to execution; including set-up, targeting, data monitoring, scheduling, testing, and deployment
- Administer Google Ads Accounts for a variety of clients
- Provide Google Analytics analysis and support
- Perform keyword research and competitive analysis
- Monitor and evaluate search results and performance across major search channels
- Continually develop new ideas for testing, and execute those tests
- Support other online initiatives as needed, such as SEO, SEM, web metrics and web content deployment
- Draft Digital Performance Reports with actionable analysis
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Certifications
- Flexibility and the desire to learn new things
- Self motivated, excellent oral and written communicator
- Ability to engage with teammates and perform at a high level in a remote work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships, team player
- Analytical, detailed problem solver
- Ability to think strategically
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Best practices maven
- Works collaboratively or solo with equal integrity
- Effective budget management skills
- Strong proficiency in math
- Proven fluency with Google Analytics
- Google Analytics certification is a plus
- Google Ads Certified
- Google Ads Fundamentals is a must
- Google Ads Search is a must
- Google Ads Display is a plus
- Google Data Studio is a must
- Google Display & Video 360 experience is a plus
- 3+ years' experience with Google Ads, Google Analytics, and paid search (SEM); display advertising and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- A functional understanding of HTML, CSS, metadata, etc.
- Proven ability to optimize search results by developing specific content for key branded and generic terms
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of Google algorithms and ranking factors
- Experience in Google Product Suite
- Digital copywriting experience
- Proven track record of delivering multifaceted, digitally-driven campaigns from strategy through execution
- Conversion Optimization: Ability to leverage data to drive strategic direction and optimize marketing programs
- Understanding of outbound/inbound marketing principles
- Ability to interpret and apply brand standards to online marketing initiatives
- Experience with paid advertising in social media
Hours & Location
Hours are full-time, 8am-5pm M-F with some flexibility and occasional hours on weekends/evenings depending on client needs. This is a work-from-home position but living within an hour of the Greater Portland Metro area is a must. A suitable home-office environment with a reliable internet connection where focused work can take place during normal business hours is required.
Salary & Benefits Package
Everyone at Edge works from a home-based office. This provides incredible flexibility, removes painful commute time and minimizes our collective carbon footprint.
We offer a robust compensation package, with approximately 6 weeks of paid time off starting the first year, as well as other benefits with further tenure. Here’s what that looks like:
- Two weeks’ vacation per year, prorated from start date
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Five (5) paid health/wellness days per year
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s while office is closed for the holidays averaging an additional 5 paid days off per year
- Extra week of paid time off after five years of employment (three weeks per year)
- Eligible for sabbatical after seven years of employment
- Extra week of paid time off at 8 years of employment (four weeks per year)
Additionally, Edge team members receive:
- 100% company paid medical, Rx and dental insurance for all full-time employees. Optional employee paid vision and family benefits offered. Eligible after probationary period.
- 4% Matching 401K
$50,000 annual base salary with the opportunity to earn monthly bonuses. Bonuses for someone in this role tend to range between $6,000-$15,000 in additional annual income when hitting goals that are typical for the digital department. Bonuses are eligible after 90-day probationary period.
Limitations & Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.