DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST
Edge Multimedia is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist. This position provides a fantastic opportunity to work for an established, innovative, full-service marketing and advertising firm located in Portland, Oregon.
The right candidate for this role is a self-motivated, organized, professional and supportive team player that is able to self-manage and is eager to learn and grow alongside a seasoned team of experts.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Digital Marketing Specialist at Edge, you will manage the day-to-day operations of Edge client’s digital advertising platforms.
You’ll be supporting and contributing to the cultivation of new ideas for campaigns, performing campaign setups, digging into data for actionable insights, assisting with delivering digital performance reports and helping shape and influence our digital marketing capabilities. From there, you’ll be responsible for clearly communicating to your Edge teammates, keeping tabs on project milestones and managing digital advertising budgets in a fast-paced, remote work environment.
ABOUT THE PROJECTS
In a given week, you’ll find our team setting up advanced tracking, programming, maintaining websites, updating digital creatives, creating media plans, crafting copy and shooting video. As a Digital Marketing Specialist, these are the types of projects you’ll be involved in facilitating:
- Managing digital campaigns in Google Ads and Display & Video 360
- Analyzing data and assisting with ROI based reporting in Google Data Studio
ABOUT EDGE MULTIMEDIA
Edge was established in 2001 and has been recognized as one of the top advertising agencies in the area. Our clients love us – and we love them too. We partner with marketing teams in a variety of industries including Credit Unions, Home Builders, Home Improvement and Non-Profits. We work with clients all over the United States.
We develop full spectrum, advanced digital marketing campaigns. We are experts in our field and are always in a state of discovery and innovation. Continued learning is a constant on our team. We’ve spoken at conferences, events and webinars to help educate marketing leaders on the world of digital. We ensure that a strong website and great video content provide support for these digital initiatives.
We have a small team of seasoned experts and offer a fun, dynamic, engaging and creative work environment. We are passionate about our local community, the Pacific Northwest, craft beer, music and the great outdoors. Our values focus on people, performance and partnership.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Conduct digital marketing campaigns – from concept to execution; including set-up, targeting, data monitoring, scheduling, tracking, testing and deployment
- Administer Google Ads Accounts for a variety of clients
- Provide Google Analytics analysis and support
- Perform keyword research and competitive analysis
- Monitor and evaluate search results and performance across major search channels
- Continually develop new ideas for testing, and execute those tests
- Support other online initiatives as needed, such as SEO, SEM, web metrics and web content deployment
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Certifications
- Flexibility and the desire to learn new things
- Self motivated, excellent oral and written communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships, team player
- Analytical, detailed problem solver
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Effective budget management skills
- Strong proficiency in math
- Proven fluency with Google Analytics
- Google Analytics certification is a plus
- Google Ads Certified
- Google Ads Fundamentals is a must
- Google Ads Search is a must
- Google Ads Display is a plus
- Google Display & Video 360 experience is a plus
3+ years’ hands-on experience with Google Ads, Google Analytics, and paid search (SEM); paid advertising in social media, display advertising and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- A functional understanding of HTML, CSS, metadata, etc. is preferred but not required
- Proven ability to optimize search results by developing specific content for key branded and generic terms
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of Google algorithms and ranking factors
- Experience in Google Product Suite
- Digital copywriting experience
- Proven track record of delivering multifaceted, digitally driven campaigns from strategy through execution
- Conversion Optimization: Ability to leverage data to drive strategic direction and optimize marketing programs
- Understanding of outbound/inbound marketing principles
- Ability to interpret and apply brand standards to online marketing initiatives
HOURS & LOCATION
Our offices are located in Portland, Oregon and Camas, Washington. Hours are full-time, 8am-5pm M-F with some flexibility and occasional hours on weekends/evenings depending on client needs. This is a work-from-home position but living within an hour of the Greater Portland Metro area is a must. A suitable home-office environment with a reliable internet connection where focused work can take place during normal business hours is required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
Everyone at Edge works from a home-based office. This provides incredible flexibility and removes painful commute time.
We offer a robust compensation package, with approximately 6 weeks of paid time off starting the first year, and an additional week of paid time off after 5 years of employment. Here’s what that looks like:
- Two weeks’ vacation per year, prorated from start date
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Five (5) paid health/wellness days per year
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s while office is closed for the holidays averaging an additional 5 paid days off per year
- Extra week of paid time off after five years of employment
- Eligible for one-month sabbatical after seven years of employment
Additionally, Edge team members receive:
- 100% company paid medical, Rx and dental insurance for all full-time employees. Optional employee paid vision and family benefits offered. Eligible after probationary period.
- 4% Matching 401K
$42,000 annual base salary with the opportunity to earn bonuses, PLUS a generous benefit/perk package. When hitting goals that are typical for the digital department, bonuses tend to range between $4,000 to $8,000 per year in additional income. Bonuses are paid monthly (90-day probationary period).
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.