UPDATE: This position is no longer available. Thank you!
Edge Multimedia is seeking a Media Buyer to join our team. This position provides a fantastic opportunity to work for a rapidly-growing and innovative full-service advertising and marketing firm. This position provides growth opportunity within the company.
The right candidate is a professional team player who will partner with our internal production, client services and media buying teams to super-serve clients with well-thought-out media buying strategy, execution and fulfillment.
The Media Buyer will focus on developing strategic media plans to achieve client’s goals as well as oversee day-to-day processes, issue management and resolution. This position will regularly exercise independent judgment relative to matters of significance and act as an advisor to clients. This position requires accuracy, flexibility and excellent follow up skills as well as the ability to multi-task, being comfortable with balancing multiple projects and deadlines at once.
Four year college degree, marketing/advertising or communications related preferred. Work experience equivalent considered. Minimum three years of media planning and buying experience.
- Evaluate Client needs, conduct media planning research, develop media plans and provide strategic recommendations to reach target audience utilizing ideal media outlets – demonstrating strong data and numbers analysis and comparison skills
- Conduct negotiations with media partners, issue and update insertion orders
- Analyze campaign performance and recommend necessary optimizations
- Present proposals and results to clients, as appropriate
- Be comfortable speaking with clients directly and with confidence as an industry expert.
- Implement plan and maintain budget control throughout entire process
- Be highly organized and effectively manage all the details associated with media campaigns.
- Work with media buying software (Strata)
- Generate consistently accurate, useful reports as well as an enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight relevant to marketing program objectives
- Demonstrate attention to detail and time management to deliver high quality work for multiple projects across several client engagements while also meeting deadlines
- Maintain professional business knowledge, staying on top of changes in the industry.
Other duties as required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Sustain trust among clients and colleagues
- Demonstrate a high level of comfort with current technology and social media
- Show good judgment and problem solving skills
- Be a supportive team player
- Be an excellent communicator in all forms of communication
- Be an excellent listener
- Have a high degree of professionalism in appearance, attitude and conduct
- Be a pleasure to work with
- Be interested in and enjoy working in the media industry
- Legible handwriting and proficient typing skills
- An eye for detail and correctness
- Strong math skills
- Self-motivation with drive and a sense of urgency
- Passion for quality client service
- Be able to work hard but keep it fun
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Operating System and Social Media. Knowledge of advertising mediums, marketing techniques and developing well-rounded marketing programs. Knowledge of Sales Force and Strata is a plus, copywriting skills are a plus.
We offer a fun, dynamic, engaging and creative work environment that is family-friendly. We are passionate about our local community and are very well respected in our industry.
Hours are full-time, 8am-5pm M-F with some flexibility and occasional hours on weekends/evenings depending on client needs. This is a work-from-home position, but living in the metro Portland/Vancouver area is a must. Must have a reliable car and an appropriate space with reliable internet connection for a home-based office.
SALARY AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Annual value of compensation and benefits package: $51,167
$40,040 annual salary (90-day probationary period) plus a generous benefit/perk package valued at a minimum of $11,000 per year:
- 100% company paid medical, Rx, dental and life insurance for employees. Optional employee paid vision and family benefits offered. Eligible after probationary period
- Phone allowance
- Two weeks’ vacation per year, pro-rated from start date; eight (8) paid holidays, five (5) paid sick days per year, plus paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s while office is closed for the holidays – average of an additional 5 paid days off per year. Extra week of paid time off after five years of employment.
- 4% Matching 401K
- Working from home and a wild variety of fun agency perks – PRICELESS!
Please the include resume, cover letter and 3 references.
Send materials to us at jobs (at) edgemm.com.