FRONT END DEVELOPER / WEB DESIGNER
Edge Multimedia is seeking a Front End Developer / Web Designer. This position provides a fantastic opportunity to work for an established, innovative, full-service marketing and advertising firm located in Portland, Oregon.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Front End Developer / Web Designer at Edge, you’ll be working closely with internal teams as well as external client marketing teams to originate high-quality digital experiences, advertising and design systems that accurately convey the clients brand promise and company culture, while also providing a positive user experience and brand interaction.
ABOUT THE PROJECTS
In a given week, you’ll find our team setting up advanced tracking, programming, maintaining websites, updating digital creatives, creating media plans, crafting copy and shooting video. As a Front End Developer / Web Designer, these are the types of projects you’ll be involved in facilitating:digital marketing strategist
- Responsive, accessible website design
- Digital ad and landing page creative development for campaigns in Google Ads and Display & Video 360
- Design for use in video production and some traditional media
- Light to moderate programming and website maintenance support
ABOUT EDGE MULTIMEDIA
Edge was established in 2001 and has been recognized as one of the top advertising agencies in the area. Our clients love us – and we love them too. We partner with marketing teams in a variety of industries including Credit Unions, Home Builders, Home Improvement and Non-Profits. We work with clients all over the United States.
We develop full-spectrum, advanced digital marketing campaigns. We are experts in our field and are always in a state of discovery and innovation. Continued learning is a constant on our team. We’ve spoken at conferences, events, and webinars to help educate marketing leaders on the world of digital. We ensure that a strong website and great video content provide support for these digital initiatives.
We have a small team of seasoned experts and offer a fun, dynamic, engaging and creative work environment. We are passionate about our local community, the Pacific Northwest, craft beer, music and the great outdoors. Our values focus on people, performance and partnership.
The right candidate for this role is a professional, proactive and supportive team player with a partnership mentality and a producer mindset who will work diligently to super-serve clients – and is ready to hit the ground running!
Demonstrate excellent design chops on a consistent basis for a variety of projects and clients in a timely manner that accurately portray the client’s brand and provide a desirable user experience to the client’s key constituents.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management expertise
- Earns trust among clients and colleagues
- Understands the principles and processes involved in responsive web design and digital marketing
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills in all formats
- Has strong interpersonal skills with an aptitude for fostering long-term, high-value relationships
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Is a pleasure to work with, has a positive energy and a solution-oriented spirit that inspires and unites teams – is able to work hard but keep it fun
- Successfully and clearly communicates design concepts in a variety of communication styles to a range of leadership levels with varied levels of experience and understanding
- Has experience with large, complex, multi-stage projects
- Is self-motivated and driven with a sense of urgency and the ability to work independently
- Collaborates with team members successfully in a remote work environment
- Has a passion for creative excellence and client satisfaction
- Travels as required to attend client meetings or other business engagements as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps
- Experience in prototyping and wireframing
- Advanced proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Expert Adobe Creative Cloud skills
- Photoshop (Advanced), Illustrator (Advanced), HTML/CSS (Intermediate)
- Ability to conduct, process and present design research
- Experience working in Google Apps, Asana and Slack
- Experience with Instapage and Bannersnack a plus
- Experience developing wireframes & high-fidelity prototypes
- Ability to develop detailed user flows
- Experience in defining information architecture a plus
- Create informed user personas and scenarios
- Experience in content strategy a plus
- Experience developing Style Guides and Pattern Libraries
- A/B testing experience
- Experience with ADA compliance
- Comfort with version control a plus
- Clearly communicate design process, solutions and implementation specifications
- Effectively balance the desires of the user with the needs of the business
HOURS & LOCATION
Our offices are located in Portland, Oregon and Camas, Washington. Hours are full-time, 8am-5pm M-F with some flexibility and occasional hours on weekends/evenings depending on client needs. This is a work-from-home position but living in the Greater Portland Metro area is a must.
SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
Everyone at Edge works from a home-based office. This provides incredible flexibility and removes painful commute time.
We offer a robust compensation package, with approximately 6 weeks of paid time off starting the first year, and an additional week of paid time off after 5 years of employment. Here’s what that looks like:
- Two weeks’ vacation per year, prorated from start date
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Five (5) paid health/wellness days per year
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s while office is closed for the holidays averaging an additional 5 paid days off per year
- Extra week of paid time off after five years of employment
- Eligible for one-month sabbatical after seven years of employment
Additionally, Edge team members receive:
- 100% company paid medical, Rx and dental insurance for all full-time employees. Optional employee paid vision and family benefits offered. Eligible after probationary period.
- 4% Matching 401K
$48,000 annual base salary (90-day probationary period) with the opportunity to earn bonuses, PLUS a generous benefit/perk package. When hitting goals that are typical for the web department, bonuses tend to range between $4,000 to $10,000 per year in additional income.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.